Where do I start?
It has been a long few months since I last posted. Summer started, we went on our first family vacation - Florida, summer ended and the boy started 2nd grade, work is frustrating but I'm fortunate to have a job, and I'm learning to trust more.
I'm terrible at trusting. I love nearly all the trust I had when I lost custody... I'm a damned good mom and I know it...
Point being...
An old HS classmate of Manbeast's stopped by today. We spoke of a few things and quickly reestablished the rapport. This man has had a tough road to be on in life. Something was mentioned and Manbeast said that I get all bent out of shape about the subject. I tried explaining. In less than 10 minutes, I was in tears... Not of shame. Tears that I hide. Tears that I bottle in and tears that I feel ashamed of.
Growing up, tears were a sign of weakness. I got spanked for it. We cried at church and it was ok there. But I didn't like crying. Ever. And I tend to be a cryer! Imagine that.
I cried so little that if I ever cried more than a few tears...I would get blisters on and around my eyelashes. It was painful to cry.
I started crying today and when I wiped away, I was asked - "Why do you wipe them away...". I finally admitted to be ashamed of crying. I was told, each tear that falls is a path that is now cleansed.
I hate talking about my own fears. I apply my own fears, other people's fears, and just plain idiotic things to my life. I care so much about acceptance. I spend too much time worrying about losing that I lose... I lose sight of what really matters.
I lose sight of what happens everyday.
I had an unexpected therapy session and realize I have some more cleaning up to do.
I have some cleansing to get done.
P.S., watching the space shuttle launch was amazing! It hurts to know the program is over.
I think it's the mother in us that just never allows us to hear the problems of a child, a friend, a country on the news and not take it to heart. A piece of it always with you, even if we place it in the back of our minds, its weight is there "to be dealt with at a better time." It hurts to let go of things that we never fixed, even if they were not our things to fix anyway. Clearing things out always makes me cry too. Weak no way. At least you care enough to cry. <3
ReplyDelete